1. Does the venue allow us to hold both ceremony and reception on-site?
Yes! There are three separate sections on-site, inside the venue, under the gum trees and on the lawned area.
2. Do we have exclusive use of the venue or are there other weddings?
Total exclusivity of the venue.
3. Is there flexibility in layout and design?
All furniture, ceremony items, and other hire items use of the space is at the decision and organisation of the client and hire companies.
4. Is there a wedding coordinator and will they be available on the day?
There is no wedding coordinator, it is a complete dry hire; however, we will have a staff member available for all enquiries up until and on the day.
5. Do you have a list of preferred suppliers?
Any suppliers are welcome, we can help with suggestions if you are stuck.
6. Is there an inclement weather contingency plan?
If an outdoor ceremony and reception is planned and wet weather is forecast, it is possible to move inside to the large cellar door as hire includes the lawn area, the gum tree area, and the building.
7. Where can guests park?
Carparking is available on the Northern side of the property. The driveway is shared, please keep clear at all times and it is not appropriate for a 57-seater bus, only minibuses can access.
8. What time can we access the venue on the day?
Access to the venue is from 12pm the day prior the event, and concludes 12pm the day after the event, with the venue to be returned in the same stated as found.
9. Will the venue liaise with suppliers for setup?
It is the responsibility of the organizer to liaise with suppliers, but we can assist.
10. What time is the last drinks / curfew?
11pm and the site is to be vacated no later than 12pm.
11. Does the venue have its own decor inventory?
All decorations are at the expense and organisation of the client.
12. Are there any restrictions on styling the space?
It is your blank canvas, the only thing we ask is not to use confetti or similar, and to use alternatives such as petals, and to not do anything that will leave a mark (i.e. nail or tape). The trusses in the building can’t take large weights (i.e. hanging florals) – please double check beck before hanging.
13. Does the venue have its own sound system / mic?
No, please be aware when booking the DJ all equipment needs to be supplied.
14. Are there any noise restrictions?
DJ / band / speakers must be positioned inside the venue (unless otherwise agreed in writing) and all entertainment to be concluded by 11pm.
15. What can be used e.g. marquees, DJ / band, photo booth, dancefloor?
All examples are welcome, please advise any others what will be there on the day. We have an irrigation system under the lawn so only weighted marquees are possible.
16. What are the catering options?
Outside catering is required as no kitchen facilities are available. What works best for the space is food trucks, spits, and grazing tables.
17. Can we BYO food or beverage vendors?
BYO food vendor / caterer and beverages (beer and soft drink) – with Ortus and Poppy the Frenchie supplying wine, other wine is more than welcome if extra is required.
18. Is there accommodation on site?
There is no accommodation on site but can recommend places that are close by as well as chauffeur options in McLaren Vale / Willunga.